assistant marketing & communications manager
full time, warriewood head office
who are we
deborah sams and mary lou ryan founded bassike (pronounced “basic”) in 2006 to create what they couldn’t find: high quality, sustainably sourced wardrobe essentials. they chose to work with organic cotton, australian makers and responsible business practices from the beginning.
bassike is b corp and climate active carbon neutral certified. we live our values, which centre on respect for our community, respect for local industry and respect for our planet. bassike is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. we encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
we are searching for an assistant marketing & communications manager to join our dynamic brand team based at our head office in warriewood. reporting into the head of brand and communications, the ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about the designer fashion landscape, and passionate about creating innovative and effective marketing campaigns.
the primary purpose of this role includes:
to manage the development, launch and measurement of impactful campaigns through alignment with key business partners to uphold brand vision, responsible business ethos and support global business strategies.
this includes taking ownership of tasks and initiatives relating but not limited to; public relations, shoot and event production, copywriting, calendar and project management as well as retail and wholesale marketing activities.
success in this role will be contingent on an ability to leverage cross-functional resources, a strong knowledge of both consumers and prospects, passion for product and design, a thoughtful eye on the competitive landscape, an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape and a commitment to achieving and driving commercial objectives and outcomes to support business growth.
the successful applicant will possess:
tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related field
- at least 5 years proven experience in a similar role
- exceptional presentation and communication skills
- exceptional copywriting skills
- demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- the ability to multitask, prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- the ability to be flexible and receive and respond to feedback
- be a team player, with the ability to work collaboratively and develop professional relationships internally and with external partners
- event production experience
- a strong interest in and global knowledge of culture; fashion, design, retail, art, music
- proficiency in microsoft office and google suite
- meticulous attention to detail and a problem-solving attitude
- a strong connection to brand values: responsible business, sustainability, diversity and inclusivity
- must be willing to travel to the bassike head office on sydney’s northern beaches
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & a covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to email@example.com.
we also ask that you answer the following question within your covering letter: how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?