full time, warriewood head office
we are searching for a motivated warehouse manager who can unite a “winning together” mindset to join our warehouse team. this position will manage the day-to-day functions of the bassike warehouse facility including managing the warehouse team to strive for efficiency, timeliness and accurate stock control. the successful candidate will have previous experience in managing a multi-channel warehouse, managing staff and have a proven ability to manage a warehousing function to meet critical deadlines. you will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to show initiative, to develop and retain a cohesive team and strive for continuous improvement.
the role includes, but is not limited to the following:
- managing the warehouse function, including wholesale, retail, marketplace and online order fulfilment
- liaising with freight carriers and negotiating freight rates
- attend weekly management meetings with other department heads
- oversee inventory movements across all areas of the business
- motivate and manage staff
- receiving, storage and dispatch stock efficiently and accurately
- liaising with all areas of the business to ensure transparency of warehousing functions and capabilities
- stock control, stocktaking and cycle counting
- process improvement
- use of mobile scanners and dispatch software to automate warehouse processes (shippit, smartfreight).
- pick, pack and invoice orders
- warehouse pick face consolidations to create space for incoming seasons
- help organise and facilitate offsite warehouse sales
- other general warehouse duties
- maintain a clean, safe and fun work environment
- order packaging
the successful applicant will possess:
- a thorough understanding of best practice warehousing standards
- a can-do attitude and willingness to be hands-on when required
- experience with stock control processes and procedures
- accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
- organisational, planning and management skills
- strong written and oral communication skills
- ability to prioritise and manage busy workloads
- professional and respectful attitude towards all team members
- contribute to the team and be a team player
- computer literate with knowledge of apparel21 preferable, but not necessary
- forklift license preferable, but not necessary
- knowledge of work, health & safety best practices
- ability to problem solve and investigate stock discrepancies
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
we kindly ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
when has your determination paid-off professionally?
why is bassike a brand you’d like to join?
bassike acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future traditional custodians and elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of aboriginal and torres strait islander peoples.