senior product developer
full time, warriewood head office
who are we
authentic clothes, honestly made. bassike was founded on three principles: considered design, responsible business and sustainable manufacturing. our collections are designed in australia, with more than 95% of our garments made in australia. we have been formally certified as a carbon neutral organisation by climate active, the most rigorous and credible australian standard. we have also recently been B Corp certified by B Lab. we live our values, which centre on respect for our community, respect for local industry and respect for our planet. bassike is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. we encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
we seek a passionate and experienced product developer to join the bassike design team. previous experience in a similar position is essential. experience designing knitwear and footwear will be highly regarded. this role is an opportunity for a creative yet commercially and technically minded designer/developer who can translate ideas into marketable products.
the primary purpose of this role includes:
support the creative director and senior design team members on market research, seasonal concepts and identifying and shaping trends to fit the brand aesthetic
- range planning and sketching
- assisting in fabric & trim selection including print development
- manage all aspects of the product development process and the co-ordination of the production of samples for allocated categories
- creation of accurate spec sheets for each new style
- checking the fit, measurements and the workmanship of samples
- documenting accurate fit notes at fittings and communicating these to the pattern maker
- ensuring the most appropriate construction methods are used for each garment
- overseeing fabric testing
- oversee development to production handover with all details checked and documented
- developing and maintain strong relationships with makers
the successful applicant will possess:
tertiary qualifications in fashion design
- a minimum 5 years relevant experience in a similar position
- experience using ap21 database software will be highly regarded
- competent knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to successfully multi-task and contribute to a dynamic team environment
- ability to work autonomously and proactively
- high level of word, outlook, excel, illustrator and adobe
- drivers’ license essential
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
we also ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
when has your determination paid-off professionally?
why is bassike a brand you’d like to join?
bassike acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future traditional custodians and elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of aboriginal and torres strait islander peoples.