full time/ part time - negotiable
we are searching for an experienced buyer to join our dedicated buying & planning team. reporting to, and working alongside the buying & planning manager, you will be responsible for managing your departments to deliver sales growth and stock efficiency within the context of the brand’s philosophy.
the primary purpose of this role includes:
- oversee the selection of product within your departments (through both pre season buys and in season opportunities)
- actively participate in trading the business on a weekly / seasonal basis
- deliver on seasonal sales, margin & closing stock targets
- inventory management through improved sell throughs
- identify and maximise core line performance
- collaborate with Production & Warehouse teams to ensure product delivered in a timely manner
- collaborate with Marketing/PR, Online and Retail Operations to ensure execution of seasonal initiatives and strategy
- build and maintain strong relationships with retail store managers and staff
the successful applicant will possess
- 3-5 years proven experience in a buying position at a well regarded retailer
- a comprehensive understanding of luxury fashion in the australian market place; experience with international brands would also be highly regarded
- the ability to deliver and exceed sales goals and targets
- excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- a high level of attention to detail
- the ability to develop and enhance professional relationships, both internally and with external suppliers
- Microsoft Excel intermediate to advanced level competency
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to email@example.com
we kindly ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
when has your determination paid-off professionally?
why is bassike a brand you’d like to join?