full time, warriewood head office
we seek a highly organised and detail oriented design assistant to join the design/development team. the role will include assisting in the development of new product with a focus on raw materials and sustainability. previous experience in a similar position is essential.
the primary purpose of this role includes:
- coordinate the purchasing of fabrics and trims for the design department
- assist in sourcing raw materials with a focus on sustainability
- overseeing fabric testing and pot dyes
- conduct seasonal stocktake of raw materials
- support our assistant designer for jersey with the development of bassike products
- create and maintain jersey BOMS, accurately entering all product details into AP21
- assist with development to production handover with all details checked and documented
- manage the archiving of previous seasons samples
the successful applicant will possess
- tertiary qualifications in fashion design
- 1 year relevant experience in a similar position
- experience using AP21 database software will be highly regarded
- competent knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to successfully multi-task and contribute to a dynamic team environment
- ability to work autonomously and proactively
- high level of word, outlook, excel, illustrator and adobe
- drivers’ license essential
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
we kindly ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
when has your determination paid-off professionally?
why is bassike a brand you’d like to join?
bassike is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. we encourage applications regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law